jueves, 9 de febrero de 2012

The Hermitage Castle


-Redcap-
Hello everybody!

 Well, I have never been to an English-speaking country. However, I would like to introduce the Hermitage Castle, in Scotland. Let me explain why this castle is important for me. I am interested in mythology, and Redcaps are the mythological creatures that I really love. First, I will give a brief information about Redcaps. These goblins or fairies are really dangerous, and scaring creatures. They are thought to be living on the border between Scotland and England. Actually, the place where they live was the Hermitage Castle. Redcaps have to kill humans regularly in order to survive, and they apply the blood ( blood of humans) on their hats. If this blood dries out, redcaps die. This is why they are called Redcaps. The Hermitage Castle is situated in Liddesdale, which is a lonely spot and perfect place for Redcaps to hunt people. The castle was first built in 1240s, by Nicholas De Soulis, and it was used until 1705. Even though it is half ruined, it is still open to public. So, you can enjoy this historical castle if you happen to visit Scotland.

The Hermitage Castle-1814

1 comentario:

Maria Forner dijo...

It is really shocking, I had never listened this story. Thank you for the information!