martes, 7 de febrero de 2012

Blarney Castle

I have never been to any English speaking country but if I ever do, my first choice will be Ireland, in terms of its historical heritage and natural beauty. I have found a nice place to visit, which may be very interesting for you as well.

Blarney Castle is a medieval fortress in Blarney, situated near Cork, Ireland. The current castle was built by the MacCarthy of Muskerry dynasty, a branch of the King of Desmond, and dates back to 1446. The word blarney was introduced into the English language by Queen Elizabeth I and is described as pleasant talk.

This historic castle is most famous for its stone. The stone is set in the wall below the battlements and to kiss it, one has to lean backwards (grasping an iron guardrail).
Most visitors to Ireland make sure they kiss the Blarney Stone. Many believe that kissing the Blarney Stone brings good luck, so take your chances.

No hay comentarios: