viernes, 10 de febrero de 2012

Burghley House - Stamford, Lincolshire

Hello there!

Five years ago I stayed in Stamford (UK) for one month, a town in the county of Lincolnshire in the East of England, it was an incredible experience and I discovered the beauty of UK.
In this town, I visited a quite important Palace called Burghley House. This country house was built in the 16th-century for the Lord High Treasure of Queen Elisabeth I, it’s a good example of the English architecture of this age and it also has some baroque style. There are more than 100 rooms, halls, corridors, bathrooms and service areas spread over 4 floors. It has a lot of paintings of Queen Elizabeth I, Henry VIII and Oliver Cromwell. It is surrounded by a large park with hundreds of trees and some deer.
The Burghley house has appeared in several films over the years such as “Pride and Prejudice”, “Elizabeth: The Golden Age” or “The Da Vinci Code”.



It’s one of the most beautiful country houses I’ve ever seen and I really recommend you to visit it.

1 comentario:

Maria Forner dijo...

It's great! It's like the English version of Châteaux de la Loire in France. It makes me think of Chambord, but in English ;)
I guess the style is more Renaissance than Baroque. Am I wrong?